View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad351 View Post
Hi everyone i am 5 month post op for my rib resection and still my arm turns blue and if my arm move slightly back or raise it i lose my pulse completely , still i have constant pain , does anyone have any sugestions if they are going through the same thing , also one note i for some reason pack on a lot of muscle very easy so i have rather large chest and arms which the surgeons have noted on their reports to wcb , any help would be apreciated
I am very similar in terms of muscle mass (and I never really lifted weights). I had 1st rib resections but I still have some compression being caused by pec minor (this is steadily improving with physical and massage therapy). Are you in physical therapy and do they work on your pecs regularaly? It could even be that your scalenes have reattached somewhere after being clipped (this happens in 10-20% of rib resections without full scalenectomy). You may need a full scalenectomy and neurolysis to clean up scarring/adhesions if your problems persist.

I would recommend starting with your pecs and getting them worked on based on your description. There is a pec minor release surgery (tenotomy), but it is my opinion that this is unnecessary and has negative consequences in most cases.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote