Thread: Funding
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Diego24

Diego24

OK, guys. As said I am donating to the foundation. I also bought 2 shirts. It's not much, but it is a start. I am now learning to make a website. I will add a forum to it and parkinson's disease related news articles. And then I will start to set up a foundation for PD research money. The concept of the foundation will be to make all PD patients invest 50 dollar a month in PD research. I know I have big plans and I don't know whether they are realistic. But the higher you aim, the further you come.

Next month my company will send me out for 2 months to Germany. I will wear the MJFF shirt and I will actively speak to people on the streets and malls and try to convince them to donate money to the MJFF or some local German foundation. I don't care it isn't my foundation, nor do I care that I don't work for them. These foundations work for the people we love and are sick, and for me that is enough to work for them for free .

I really have the dream to make PD patients donate 50 euro/dollar a month. In the US and Europe combined there are 2.5 million PD patients. If every PD patient in US and Europe would just donate this small amount of money, PD research would get a boost of 1500 million dollar a year. Again ... this might be naif and aiming too high. But it is not something impossible.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote