View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Upper wisdom tooth sinus issue flying

Hello, I have yesterday had my upper right wisdom tooth removed by an oral surgeon. (The dentist tried but couldn't get it out, so the next say I saw the oral surgeon and he managed to get it out.) He said it was tough work and that there was a hole in the sinus, but seemed not to think it was a big deal. He said don't sneeze and it will probably be okay, with a blood clot. He prescribed anti biotics. All this is fine and well BUT, I am flying in 3 weeks! I am flying from Australia to Europe, so it's a long flight.

Now from what I've read on the web I should be able to feel air flowing between sinus and mouth, which I do not. Even if I hold my nose I don't feel anything. Will the blood clot have stopped this? If not, why would there be a hole but no air-flow? I've also read that this could be a fistula and not a sinus hole, which might complicate things. The surgeon basically told me it would be fine and not to worry, come and see him if need be.

Will there be a problem in 3 weeks? How can I determine to fix it just in case, can I get that surgical procedure to stitch it up with collagen? I'm worried and it's a big holiday I cannot change it. Many many thanks for any help, or if you have any more questions.
JohnX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote