View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm right there with you Michaela; for 45 years I was a rock, I never got sick, never broke a bone, never needed doctors. Or Lawyers, but that's another story. And now, as you said there are plenty of people who suffer more than I do, but I can't help sometimes just wanting to scream about it.

My wife does everything now; my job around the house is keeping up the dishes and cooking on occasion, when I can handle it. I haven't worked in 7 months, don't expect to be going back anytime this year. Our finances are on the brink of disaster, and are totally dependent on a judge it seems. Worse of all, no one has really taken a good look at me or where my issues are; I'm starting over with a new neuro next week, hoping to get some nerve testing done.

What I can tell you is, I take my strength from my family; my wife, especially. If it were not for her, I could not get through this. I put all my faith in the strength of our marriage, and let go of things. Then I focus on what I need to do to get better. My recovery is my job, right now. And that job is not yet finished, so I keep my head down and forge ahead. Things will work themselves out; I just have to stay focused on recovery.

And everything else in the above posts, too; we're all in this together, so take advantage of this board anytime you feel the need. PM some of us if you want. We're a cabal, almost. Hang in there and try to let go of the frustration because there really isn't anybody you can yell at to make it different, it's just something you have to get through. Like a traffic jam, really; once you're buried behind a thousand other motorists, what good does being frustrated do? You're car ain't moving. Except it is, and you do get out of the jam eventually.

Good luck and take care,

Scott
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote