Thread: Nerve Block
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 02:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

After my first bilateral lsb (both sides) , I had issues with my left thigh being numb in a spot. It also hurt like you are describing. I couldn't lift it to even step I to the shower (not the tub kind) without it taking my breath away. I also had shocks around the numb areas then it progressed to burning and sensitivity. For a while even having a skirt brush against my leg felt like knives were cutting it. This all scared dh so bad that he went to my next appt with me ( he hadn't been to any other than the blocks themselves). The next two blocks helped to calm down the burning and the pain came and went. Eventually the symptoms calmed down a lot. I still have the numb area ( though not as noticeable) and it does ache or hurt sometimes but not too badly. ( seems worse in cold or damp weather/ weather changes much like the RSD). This was 15 months ago. I have to wonder of the dr nicked a nerve or is the RSD spread. My current dr says he thinks it is nerve damage from being nicked. Sorry you are having to deal with this. I am a SAHM to 6 (my oldest just turned 18 and my youngest is 5). I can't imagine having to deal with this a a single mom. Is there anyone you can ask for help? Family? Church? I don't know what I would do without my older kids who do a lot of cleaning and cooking and dh who helps with morning routine and bedtime. Hang In there.
6kiddos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote