Thread: Hashimotos
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello everyone. Been here lately to help daughter with her issues. When she moved away (marriage) her doc found a swelling and ordered Ultrasound of thyroid. Her bloods were ALWAYS "normal" or "within range" Found nodules, removed HALF of LEFT lobe and she was put on synthroid.

Gained 25 pounds within mere weeks. Tired. Crabby. Weepy. Exhausted. Husband filed for divorce. She had JUST signed up for college. oh my.

It was a bad two years for her! Now? Hashimoto's, Hypothyroid, PCOS *she does NOT ovulate, anemic *periods are BAD/painful/heavy/every three weeks, EBV from mono? that does NOT go away I have read, possibly a GLUTEN sensitivity so she is totally gluten free, had Round One of the GARDASIL junk and I just wonder about if that is causing these freakish symptoms? She is TIRED. OVERWEIGHT (but eating a sensible healthy organic diet) and complains alot!! Fogged beyond foggy. New: swollen, red stiff fingers. Hmmm....

She is now on a compounded med for thyroid but it seems to have lost it's usefulness. It is in capsules and I am not sure whether she can increase or decrease. She is a brand new PAID intern for a new job fresh out of college so NO MEDICAL COVERAGE...still!

I think I should order/pay for some new blood work up - but not sure what or which that would indicate what is going on with her finger joints?

I am SURE I will find the info HERE--there is so much and so many great people that are willing to share and suggest!
happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote