View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks.
Two more do and two more don'ts....these are two things that I've tried that don't have quite the impact as above but are still nice- tea with jasmine (DECAF!). Jasmine is supposed to have something in it that behaves like a gentle natural valium. I don't know about that, but it is nice. Also birdwatching- setting up a simple feeder you can fill without much trouble and which you can see from a comfortable spot. Birds can cheer you up and it's nice to take a moment and just watch them.

I've totally given up alcohol and caffeine until this is over. At first I could sort of handle small amounts but it occurred to me- my brain is trying to heal. Why make its job harder? This is especially hard when I'm with friends and someone wants to buy me a drink and I get coke (or a ginger ale if the nausea is acting up) instead of a beer and sometimes people even wonder if I'm pregnant. LOL And sometimes people do a "Starbucks run" and get something for me. I love Starbucks and I'm sorry not to drink it but I resist. Right now I think not having uppers or downers acting on my brain is important.
rosebower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
greenfrog (07-13-2012)