Thread: Differences
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh Cathy,

Thanks so much in responding to my post, I am so sorry you to are suffering with this terrible neuropathy. No I have never had IVIG, my first neurologist wanted me to have it and we even went so far as submitting the request for it to my insurance company, my insurance company denied request because ALL of my EMG testing came back negative, so I ended up going to the University Hosptial, UCLA, here in Los Angeles, I saw one of their top neurologists who said that IVIG would probably not help me and that it could have some serious side effects, I trust her opinion, and besides that I prayed and asked the Lord to guide my Doctors, and I trust him completely. So here I am a year later with SFN, my Doctor seems to think that a viral infection started all of this, but I also have been hypoglycemic for the last 8 years, I still believe this could have something to do with mine. I like you take Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day, I don't take antidepressants either, like you said Gabapentin makes me feel foggy enough. If you ever want to talk by phone let me know and I will PM you my number. In the meantime I will be praying for you, it's a terrible condition, but there are other things that could be worse, and like many have told me here, it's not fatal, I guess that's something to be grateful for.Blessings, Jan
Liftyourhands7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote