View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Many thanks Bryanna. I've read many responses from you in other threads and they seem very reliable. I will keep a close watch on it and see the surgeon before I leave. However I am only concerned because he seemed so easy going about it all, when I asked "well is there an increased chance of infection with a hole there?" he simply said "no". Possibly to put me at ease but even 5 mins of internet research one would realise there's definitely a higher chance of infection. Anyway, if it's not fully healed by a week before I go, should I get the surgery to get it closed over? Will that make it okay for flying (and how many days before hand should I get it done, if need be)? Or will it be okay for flying long distances anyway, as long as I take some sudafed etc?

I will of course ask him all this as well but I'd like to have an idea of what might happen before I get up to see him, it's an important upcoming trip and I'd really hate to have to cancel it. In the meantime I am grateful for my blood clot which must be a strong one to hold over the hole.
JohnX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote