View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello Donna

Welcome to Neuro Talk. You did find the right support group. There are alot of others on line here who have had aneurisms, or have family that do. More folks will be in touch with you. On the search bar at the top of the page, click on it and write in your husbands diagnosis, that will bring you a direct thread about this condition.
I was upset to hear that your doctors have not been as suportive as they should be. We all need a chance to live, and get well as much as possible. Just because he is 53 is no reason to deny him the best of care. Perhaps a new Neruo surgeon is in order. They are sadly lacking in compassion. If it can be in your budget, maybe home at some point, with therapy would be an option for you. My mom had many strokes, and I got help for her by have re-hab come to her home every day. In this way I was able to help her more. She could have stayed in the facility, but this was a better way to go for our family. All of us were more peaceful with mom home. I really hope you can find a hospital advocasy person, to help you with the care your husband is requiring. If you are not happy with the care, or how he is treated, there can be help with this advocasy spokes person. Don't hesitate to speak out. I really wish for you all the best, and that your husband can regain some of his abilities. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I found Neuro Talk two years ago, never left, such was the compassion I found right here. Take care and be good to yourself too. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote