View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default A few 'hints' to help you keep track

First off, call and ask your insurance company for Copies of your Medical claims history, and if you get your meds thru them for that as well. These can help you keep track of who you went to WHEN, and what meds you've had. That in turn can trigger your memory as to what worked, and who to see to get copies of your medical file at any docs' offices. This stuff should be FREE.

Then contact in writing the docs' offices and ask for a copy of your records. Some offices charge per page, so depending on the charges [some such as hospitals are OUTRAGEOUS] decide what you want copies of, Tests, scans-MRI-CT-Xrays often have summaries and those you'd want.

For both of these you have to sign release forms. In some cases it's just GOT to be on their own office form. Also you may have to go in person to any given office to PRESENT ID, either when you give them the release or when picking up the info...

Once you have all that stuff you can start w/LizaJane's worksheets...work your way thru them all and you will see a roadmap begin to appear...Of, what's been done, what hasn't in that 'process' of diagnostic elimination.

That all can help you and in the end help your docs about possible ways to go for testing. I don't bring the worksheets to the docs but I always have a 'What About X Test?' question at each and every visit.

Keeping track is important as you can never ever remember all that's gone on the the 'diagnostic process' - one I think is very similar to being put into a food processor- on 'PULSE'.

Enuf for now, I think others can be more concise about the "B"'s issues.

Keep pushing, asking, and maybe you'll not only get help, but answers! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote