View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kelly,

I have never had panic attacks before my concussion, but have experienced a few of them since. They're awful, you sometimes feel like you’re going to die. I tend to get them more when I'm feeling discouraged and sad. When I feel that I'm never going to get better.

Try taking slow deep breaths. This may be difficult to do during the attack, but try to breathe as deep as you can right down to the belly. Really concentrate on your breath. Open the windows get some air.

There is a product I have been using that has helped me a great deal. It's a natural product based on flower essences, there are no contra-indications for it. It's called Rescue Remedy from Bach flower essences.

It's a very well-known remedy, it's usually available at most natural food stores, and I believe Whole Foods should sell it. It's sold in liquid form and you place the drops under your tongue. You can take as many drops you want and take it as often as needed. You can't over dose on it. It's safe, no side effects to worry about, and not expensive. Depending on the size you buy it costs less than $20.

I have used it very often and it works wonders.

I know what you’re doing through, I had a couple attacks yesterday but took Rescue remedy and they never developed into full blown attacks.

Let me know how it goes

Michaela
Michaelabella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mist8012 (07-12-2012)