View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default can't stop gaurding either

I've also got RSD in my left hand/arm up to my elbow. I still gaurd and often wonder if wearing a brace or wrapping it would help me when I'm out so people don't scare me so much (bumping me).
I still drive but with one hand. I use my right only (now that arm has tendonitis issues because I over compensate). I still have alot of function in my hand, not much stregnth but I can move everything although sometimes my hand will freeze or cramp up but it doesn't stay that way. I make sure to move and use it daily. I've done 2 long rounds of physical therapy so far and see my therapist in town often and am always reminded to move it, move it and move it.
S I guess to my point, I still gaurd and can't find a way not to. I'm just thinking of putting a brace on when out in crouds to keep people away??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lema56 View Post
I have had rsd for almost 2years, and have been guarding it even before I was diagnosed b/c of severe pain. Now, I need to drive, and I need to figure out a way to stop guarding my left hand and arm that has rsd with extreme pain. Movement hurts so much, and that's why it is hard for me to do it. And I have a claw hand; but I can move it, it just hurts more to. So any advice, experiences, stories?

Thank you.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote