View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is old, but my observation may help someone.

Wellbutrin did this for me...I could taste things fully for the first time in forever. It made a HUGE difference in how much I could taste. Without it, I can barely detect some flavors. They are "muffled" at best.

I lost my habit eating? It controlled urges. The things that I would impulsively do, I had more control over. That covered, snacks, and sunflower seeds (my drug of choice).

It's like the highways to the taste buds weren't clogged anymore, the nudges from impulses was manageable, and it has helped with mental acuity somewhat to, which is the big hope for me with it.

It's sometimes used for weight loss and stop smoking, I understand. I can see why that would work, lessen the urge to smoke as an "urge", same with weight loss.

bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Hi Gang:

Over the years, I have used Cymbalta with moderate success for Neuropathic pain (especially Small Fiber).

The only side effect that I have encountered is delayed orgasm, which is very frustrating.

I recently read online that "Bupropion" (or "Wellbutrin") was shown in a number of studies to be effective for neuropathic pain relief without the sexual side effects of Cymbalta.

It was also shown to be useful in weight loss as a nice side effect.

Can anyone who is knowledgable about this drug share their knowledge. Could this drug actually be an effective replacement for Cymbalta without the sexual side effects?

I know that it is not an "SNRI" like Cymbalta, so I was surprised to read that it may be effective for treating neuropathic pain as opposed to depression alone.

Many thanks!

David
bdickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote