Thread: med exam
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Every day I have trouble with speaking, chewing and swallowing. The weakness I get too goes right from my feet to my fingers. Also double vision happens a lot. Even with the Pyridostigm I get these. The heat makes everything so much worse as well. I take Mestinon Timespan every night.
See I went so long going to the doctors trying to find what was wrong the symptoms progressed to the point I was dying. I went to walk in clinics, desperate to get a diagnosis. They gave me steriods, thinking it was a sinus infection because I could not speak without sounding nasal...
I lost so much weight not being able to eat or swallow before I was diagnosed. I Even went to the emergency room, they told me it was Acid Reflux and sent me home telling me to get Pepcid and to go to a ENT. days later, I got an appointment to an ENT. I had a real hard time getting there, I was so weak and I could not speak. It comes out like rambling, nasal quality vary hard to understand. The doctor said " You don't need me, you need a Neurologist. " A few days later I had an appointment with a neurologist. Thank God for her, she told me what I had within 5 minutes.
Its been 5 months since that day, my medication keeps me alive but even with that I can no longer function the way I used to with a full time job, even part time.
I sorry, I rambled on but its just so scary. that two appointments will determine if I am disabled.

thank you for reading...
huntress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote