View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi John,

Thanks for the kind words... my replies are very reliable ... I've been in dentistry as a chairside assistant for 35 yrs! I'm glad to be of help here...

The surgeon's attitude was fairly typical... he does not want to worry you for no reason. Sometimes it's just best to let well enough alone and see what happens.

I would not advise to have the surgery to close the sinus one week before flying unless the surgery was very simple and not complicated. If you want the surgeon to monitor this a couple of times before you leave, then see him next week and then the following week.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnX View Post
Many thanks Bryanna. I've read many responses from you in other threads and they seem very reliable. I will keep a close watch on it and see the surgeon before I leave. However I am only concerned because he seemed so easy going about it all, when I asked "well is there an increased chance of infection with a hole there?" he simply said "no". Possibly to put me at ease but even 5 mins of internet research one would realise there's definitely a higher chance of infection. Anyway, if it's not fully healed by a week before I go, should I get the surgery to get it closed over? Will that make it okay for flying (and how many days before hand should I get it done, if need be)? Or will it be okay for flying long distances anyway, as long as I take some sudafed etc?

I will of course ask him all this as well but I'd like to have an idea of what might happen before I get up to see him, it's an important upcoming trip and I'd really hate to have to cancel it. In the meantime I am grateful for my blood clot which must be a strong one to hold over the hole.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote