View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 08:26 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default It's been a long time...

I've been a very sick chick since last year's Easter BP release & removal of my rib by Dr. Annest. (These ducks and chicks are alive aren't they?) Annest performed a great surgery - I found out later from my OR reports that my w/c co. did not authorize my usual pain meds, and no one communicated that to me. Upon returning home, I noticed immediate improvement with no (none) headaches (whew!) and a general improvement in over-all circulation.

That said, the pain was still on a slow but noticeable rise. The pain kept me from being able to bathe (water hurt), brush my teeth, brush out my hair or washing my hair after it was so knotted, changing clothes four times a day due to sweat - and my bed, too.

I needed a good nurse, and I was on my 5th really, really bad "nurse" - I felt like I was running a half-way house! And they were CONSTANTLY asking for money without even knowing me...or pronouncing my name right...

Finally we got "Lupe" (sound of trumpets, please) - I swear I am able type today because she worked on my hands, and she works on the knots on my back and on my neck - she's just fabulous. She cooks unbelievable. She share my faith, which is cool, she'll take me to small church appt.s if I'm up to it.

The bad news is the my private disability inusrance has halted paymnet under a fake clowd of "when is my claim actionable" back in 2002, or after the 911 enactments. IT doesn't matter, I still get paid, but while they argure internally I get nohing. So do I launch an expensive push? I just now got approved by SS. Will it get sent to me? Do I hold it in trust?

About two weeks ago prior to the relief I've received from the new nurse and the Topamax, I was considering a drive over to the Grant Boys to make a purchase "just in case." See, my TOS has spread from right to left, then down to left foot, and I also get pain and numbing in my right ribcage, face and now my tongue and front of my lips. My neuros (two said yes, one said no) say this IS the progression of TOS. And it is severely painful. I moan and groan and writhe in bed.

I've always had Mustang convertibles in the past. I don't have one now because I don't drive, and Deanna shmooshed the car into a brick wall while parked during the first two weeks of gifting it to her. We sure have a LOT of pictures of a 17 year old blondie getting in & out of a red Mustang...so anyways, I was think that might be a good plan, leaving proper cover, notes, etc., if I got too bed.

P.S. 5 months of Lyrica and I'm 50 lbs. thinner without any exercise. Run, don't walk, away from Lyrica bunnies! Although they made me quite capable of hearing some really crazy stuff going on in my life and living through it. Yep, I may be losing it after 4 1/2 years of constant pain.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote