Thread: Sudden Headache
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Sudden Headache

Im a 55 year old female. 6 days ago whilst sitting on the loo i had the worst headache ever. As if i had been hit over the head with a hammer. This severe pain lasted approx 5 mins. I couldn't move. I was waiting for my lights to go out. The pain reduced to a pounding headache score 8/10. So shocked and frightened i called NHS directline who called an ambulance. My Blood pressure went up to 192/104 and my pulse was 112. I went to A&E. I had a CT Scan and a Lumbar puncture. I was given Morphine & Anti sickness IV. My scan and LP were all ok. I was discharged home with Analgesia. Since discharge i have still got headache although 4/10, stiffness in my neck and shoulders and nausea. Im not convinced that all is well. My GP says nothing to worry about as the tests they did are clear.He suggested it may be a migraine, but no way was that a migraine. I cant stop thinking about that first pain. That was just not right, it frightened me very very much and i want an explanation. Im worried its going to come again and maybe i wont be so lucky. What should i do? I dont want to be a pain but im worried. Im still resting and taking analgesia. Im not well enough to do much. Any advice please ?
Sheilz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote