View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello

This is an incredibly stressful time for you. It's the 'not knowing' that makes it so hard. I had an aneurysm clipped, but it was seven years ago now, and in a different place to yours (peri-callosal artery - in the top/centre of my brain).

I had to wait a few months for my surgery, and I remember the stress and the maybes/what ifs very clearly. It sounds horribly morbid, but one of the things I did was to make sure that my will was up to date and appointed my husband as power-of-attorney for me. I found that this was somehow reassuring - although most likely unnecessary.

I also spent the time tidying my house, cooking and freezing meals (glad I did that - I didn't feel much like cooking in the weeks after surgery).

Most important advice I can give you though, is to do something especially for yourself EVERY DAY - get a massage, go somewhere beautiful and have a picnic with someone special. Eat healthy food - and remember, these guys/girls are incredibly good at what they do, and helping you to a positive outcome is their main goal.

Good luck, thinking of you - I packed crosswords and stuff like that - and found them really useful for helping with my memory and word-finding.

Keep us posted

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote