View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
So once I learn how to use this thing, I can get my verizon email, come on these forums, go on youtube, go on hulu, watch videos, etc. etc.

I can do that?? for $59.00??? Seriously??

Melody
Got it!!

Now here are some questions. I do not have a router in my home so I can't get a wifi signal from MY house. But there are people around me who have routers. I told them what I might be doing (before I get my own router). They have no problem with that.

So once I get this tablet, do I have to plug it in and charge it up (I'll read the instructions, not to worry), I just like to have all my ducks in a row. Do these things come pre-charged?

Once I'm all set to go, (I don't even know the browser they use, is it Safari, is it (well, what is it?). I didn't read the info, I only saw the price, lol.

It has to have a virtual keyboard right? Like the IPAD. So can I put an app (let's say for this forum), on the front of the screen so I can just touch the app and I'll be whisked away to this forum?

I know absolutely NOTHING about tablets except that one time I was at my niece's house last year and we had 30 people sitting around a table and I was saying "I have videos of my sprouting on youtube, I wish I could show all of you". I went to my niece who I knew had a computer and I said "I want to show some people my videos, can I bring them over to your computer". She just handed me an IPAD (thinking I knew what the heck to do with it). I looked at it and she said 'Oh, here's how it works'. In five minutes I was at youtube, and passing this tablet around the table and showing everyone my videos. To say I was impressed was putting it mildly. BUT.... I'm a very fast typist so I didn't like using the virtual keyboard to type in the URL's. But I know now that I didn't know what the heck I was doing.

But for this price, I CAN LEARN!! And then someday, when I'm rich, I'll buy my own IPAD.

lol

can't thank you enough.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote