View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 04:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Muireann!! oh my goodness. That sounds horrible. I agree this stuff makes me crazy. To not compare it to heavy narcotics considering what it does to certain chemicals in our brains seems remiss by the medical community.

I just discovered the sleep and water bit accidentally. You are quite right and thanks for the affirmation. I thought I was getting withdrawn but I was just felt so much better after sleeping a LOT and drinking water. I also cut out salt and got my diet back on the healthy track. The diet made a huge difference too. I don't eat much processed food or salt. That addition back to my diet played havoc with my health. I gained 60 lbs. I've lost half thank goodness.

I'm looking very hard into foods that help manufacture natural dopamine and including them in my diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muireann View Post
I was six months into taking mirapexin when it triggered a psychosis. I subsequently got lost and forgot to take the drug and as i started to come down from that state i realised what happened to me. Within a few days i came off it cold turkey. Not suggesting anyone do the same but i would rather have died than get crazier. I felt awful for a long time and it took quite some time for the full effects to wear off. The quickest aid to detox is lots of water and sleep if possible. Stay home and don't get over-stimulated. I had to re-learn lots - especially procedural knowledge, like how to tie my shoe laces, and cook, or find my way round. Eventually i recovered fully, although docs told my kids, "you'll never get your mother back".
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote