View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Never give up searching for the solution!

Hi count your blessings,
I had to respond to you question about is it time to accept your diagnosis by sharing my story with you.

In 2001 I was diagnosed with rsd type 2 from an ankle sprain. I immediately started nerve blocks and did everything a good rsd patient should do. Every doctor I went to told me to stop searching for a cure and to accept my diagnosis. This was my reality and I needed to go to a pain couselor to help me learned to cope and deal with the fate that was handed to me.

I DID NOT listen to any of them and continued on my search for MY cure. I tried everything I could - HBOT, accupunture, herbology,cranial sacral, applied kiniseiology, my list goes on and on. I was determined to get help somewhere, somehow.

Finally, in 2004 I had to find yet another doctor because mine was no longer going to see patients. I had no idea who to see since I had seen all the rsd/pain doctors in the area so I asked my chiropractor who he would recommend. He told me he had a personal friend who was like a medical detective and that he trusted her. I waited anothe 4 months to get an appt with her and upon exam she said that she thought I didn't have rsd at all but nerves entrapped in my ankle.

I knew what nerves they were because I had told doctors for 4 yrs that my pain spread on the path of 2 nerves beginning at the tendon I tore and the 2 ligaments but none of them would pursue this theory of mine. She told me I was her 8 patient in her career that was misdiagnosed with RSD and really had nerve entrapment. Her plan was to proove this and get a surgeon to operate.

Before my next appt, I went back to my chiropractor and told him. He said if it was trapped nerves he could do some manipulations to the bones in my foot and maybe it would help.

He did that and within 10 days my pain(which had spread up my entire left side to my face, nose and ear and my other leg) was gone!!! Those 10 days were not pleasant - my leg was twitching and jerking and spasming but I awoke to a no pain.

Since then it took me almost 2 yrs of intense rehab but I am finally back to being totally normal. I lift weights and even run on a treadmill! I began working again full time in december.

So.....
My answer to your question is NEVER STOP SEARCHING FOR A CURE! If I had accepted my diagnosis of RSD and stopped trying where would I be now???

Certainly not where I am.

If I could find the miracle cure then why can't you?

Check out the the mensana clinic and dr nelson handler. He has written a book on rsd being misdiagnosed as nerve entrapment syndromes. He did a study where 71% of the patients diagnosed with RSD really had nerve entrapments.

Peace and hope to you,
Lisa
lisashea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (06-20-2014)