View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Luckily, I have super veins...still nervous....6 minutes and counting until nurse arrives....I have basically figured out that I will be on my couch infront of the tv, plus I have a mobile IV pole, so she said I can move around and do basically whatever I want/feel like...they are saying only 2 1/2 hours for infusion....not sure about that. It seems quick...directions on product read (40 ml per hour/for 1st 30 minutes, increase to 90ml/hr for the next 30 minutes, then increase to 170ml/hour for the next 30 min....may increase to 250 ml/hour as tolerated...Infusion time to be 2 1/2 The total visit is not to exceed 3 1/2 hours....That scares me a little!!!

Darci

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongman View Post
Oh I was very nervous my first one, so you are normal. After the first one the rest were a piece of cake. Only problem I have is finding a vein in this old body. Usually takes 3-4 sticks. If I'm getting 2-3 treatments in that week they leave the IV in and just wrap it real good then next treatment they just plug in. Have a good book to read or your laptop handy because otherwise it gets boring.
Mike
Icrad1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote