View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It was a Stellate nerve block, performed as a Diagnosis procedure For neurogenic TOS ( if it stops your symptoms it means that the nerve it's what is giving you trouble). I am not allowed to post links, but in google you can find complete information in this procedure.

The effect of the block is not permanent. I am waiting to see for how long does it lasts. (the dr said it could last for weeks or months). But take into account that it is not a solution, as the nerve is still Suffering of compression.

Do you have white hands also when exposing to cold? Have you been diagnosed with Reynauds phenomenon?. Are you getting sugery? Is a vascular surgeon performing it? have you had physical therapy? My surgeon is wants to perform surgery without trying first PT.

Tks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Hi, Can you give a few more details about the nerve block.Was it a Brachial Plexus nerve block? How long is it supposed to last? I am considering it for my arm and hand nerve pain but I havent been told that it was used as a diagnostic tool. I have nuerogenic TOS but not cervical ribs. Thanks,JKL
Catalinagarciac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote