Thread: Shoes that fit?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default no tie sneaks?

I don't have the RSD in my feet but in my left hand/arm. Although I still have aloot of function I still can't tie my own shoes (buttons and zippers are tough too) I have a pair of sneakers that slip on but not very comfy. Anyone have any other comfy sneakers that don't tie?? I have UGG boots and they are great and so very comfy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliM View Post
After seven months of trying to figure out what is going on with my foot, the docs have finally diagnosed me with RSD. I was given a prescription for Neurontin, and that has really helped the sensitivity (thank goodness), but nothing seems to help the swelling. My affected area is the ball of my foot, and the area on top right behind my toes. By 4pm, the swelling is crazy, even if I'm off my feet a good part of the day.

My problem is, with the swelling in the front part of my foot, I can't get a shoe on. I've been using an orthopedic boot whenever I leave the house partially because I can't get a shoe on, but also because it helps me avoid walking on the swollen and painful ball of the foot.

I finally discovered Teva sandals fit because the toe strap can be expanded so far. But I live in snow country. What shoe can I possibly wear once cold weather comes that will fit? Anybody have any ideas?
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote