View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Very interesting story to share with you all

This morning, a fellow breakfaster told me a fascinating story. I know her for about 7 years. She comes in later than I do so we have never chatted much. Just to shoot the breeze. I never knew what she was dealing with.

She was widowed about 5 years or so ago. I remember we all comforted her and she continued to come in by herself each morning to have her coffee and breakfast.

This morning she said: 'I finally found out what was wrong with me"

I looked at her (I had no idea what she was talking about). I said 'what do you mean?"

She said "For 4 years now I have been getting dizzy spells. Usually two days on and 3 days off but always they came back" I said 'Oh I never knew this, you sometimes come in after I have left'

She said 'You don't know how many times the waitress had to walk me to the door because I got dizzy?"

I said OMG, I never knew,....so what was the diagnosis? Was it vertigo, your blood pressure, WHAT???"

She said 'I have had every test known to man for approx 4 years, cat scans, MRI's of the brain, etc. etc., my blood pressure is fine, my ears are fine, it's not vertigo, it's migraines"

I said "You have headaches??" She said "nope, never had a headache, they called this an INVERTED MIGRAINE"

I said "And you never had a headache during all of this, you just got dizzy?"

She said 'yup, and they have me on some medicine now and for 5 days I have not gotten dizzy". "I feel like I have my life back" Of course I wished her well.

I asked her the name of the drug she was now taking but she couldn't remember, she just said "It starts with N"

I said'then it's not Imitrex, right?"

She said "no, not that".

So I then said "You will have probably helped more people than you know because later on, I'm going on a website that pertains to all things neurological, so hopefully I will share your story and just might help someone"

So just wanted to share.

I had never heard of the term Inverted Migraine.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote