View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalinagarciac View Post
I live in Colombia, i am 25 years old and have TOS Symptoms since february 2012. I have cervical ribs in both sides, but I'm only symptomatic in the right side as the right cervical rib is bigger. My Symptoms include reynauds syndrome (white hand, reactive to temperature changes and position changes), pain and lack of strength In the righ arm and hand. I had a nerve block 4 days ago with the purpose of confirming mi diagnosis (neurological TOS) and my hand and arm improved in a 65 percent and the pain is completeley gone, which, according to my vascular surgeon means that I need surgery (because the diagnosis is confirmed). As you I was also not so sure of getting surgery with a vascular surgeon, taking into account my TOS is not vascular, but neurological (only nerve compression). It s relieving to read your case! I has never seen one so similar to mine!
I have started to get symptoms on my left side as well since April 2012 and it's only getting worse. I have decided to go ahead with surgery at the end of August. May be doing both sides, but right side first. But I tried PT (not TOS specific) twice before and now am doing PT more for TOS before going for surgery, but I plan to book everything and most likely will go through with it. Maybe you should give PT a shot first? Many people have gotten better with the right PT.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote