View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
I asked her the name of the drug she was now taking but she couldn't remember, she just said "It starts with N"
Possibly naratriptan (trade names include Amerge and Naramig). Some can also get migraine relief from naproxen or naproxen in combination with a triptan.

OTOH, if it's something she's been on for 5 days, it may be a prophylactic. Lists of those can get quite lengthy.
Google: list of migraine prophylactics

Being on an abortive for 5 days is possible, but depending on which one may risk medication overuse headaches (rebound effect).

I've never heard of "inverted migraine" either, but I'm familiar with silent migraine, which is one term for migraine without headache. Another term/type is ocular migraine. There are others too, and since they often go by various/multiple names...

There is an inverted vision migraine or inverted/tilted perception disorder, but AFAIK that usually involves vision being inverted 180° -- not just dizziness/spells.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote