View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 12:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TauRx Pharmaceuticals

Diego, you are right: an 80% reduction in decline over 102 weeks is amazing!

Although it was a Phase 2 trial, it involved 321 patients, and that made the AD rember trial the largest Phase 2 clinical trial of a disease modifying treatment conducted to date. Results were statistically significant.

In the scientific circles, the chief scientist of TauRx Prof Wischik who is also the co-founder, has been known to be dogged in his singular pursuit of targeting the tau protein for decades. Few believed him as the scientific community was too heavily invested in the beta amyloid path despite the way being littered with failures.

I would agree with you that AD, PD and even FTD are all related.

I found the discussion in Feb this year in the website Corante In The Pipeline pretty interesting and educational, especially the comments posted by “sct” in this article “Tau Spreads On Its Own?” (Feb 7, 2012). Sorry, unable to post URL as I’m a newbie here. I’m sure googling will get you there.

The AD Phase 3 trial doesn’t seem far off, using an improved version of rember named LMTX:

"A closely held company, TauRx, based in Singapore, is developing drugs based on the tau model. TauRx’s tau aggregation inhibitors have been tested in Phase 2 clinical trials, and the company plans to make an announcement about its Phase 3 clinical trials later this year, said Claude Wischik, the executive chairman and co-founder of the company, in a telephone interview. " From Bloomberg(dot)com dated July 12, 2012.

Hopefully, the world will now get a real cure for AD, PD and other taupathies. Exciting times ahead!
JKJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote