View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default oddly similar indeed

I have often thought of the similarity between several neuro diseases, Alz. and PD being in the forefront.

It is no coincidence, then, that TauRx's Rember is methylene blue (see their website post you shared where they state this, but many knew that already), they are now working with a newer version of it, and the link Rick posted recently is about methylene blue being researched for PD in the spring of
2011, with results quite impressive on the rodent subjects. Again, the common theme is MB, and the results are all very positive.

I had never heard that MB was "poorly tolerated" as the TauRx site mentioned, nor that it had less than optimal bioavailabililty. MB has been used for decades, repeat, decades, on people, including the US military, and I have never heard of any such issues. Now, perhaps it doesn't cross the BBB so well, although I doubt that since one of the side effects of taking it is turning the whites of your eyes blue....seems like if something could do that, it could get across that pesky BBB.

Thanks for sharing this. I think anything that helps with Alz. will help understand PD and vice versa.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote