View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

jbcodora . . .

Sounds like you are stuck in a rather average scenario, I am afraid. I have no background or experience in Ohio claims, Ohio comp law, or how your medical care is controlled in Ohio. I hate to say this, but if you have not begun the interview process to find the best comp attorney you can, it might be time to get started.

In my experience I have had young injured workers get the surgery and do well. That said, the surgery is a risk, and not everyone has a good enough outcome to return to their job of injury. Your IME experience, I am afraid, is pretty typical. There was a time when that was not always the case, but tightening budgets have led to the use of "hired guns' to help in claim closure.

As to what to expect, I can not really help you there. I suggest you get as familiar with the comp laws of Ohio as you possibly can and get a good attorney. Why, if you have an attorney, you ask, should you know a little about the law? So you can monitor your attorney! A good one will appreciate that you have tried to educate yourself, but a poor comp attorney will be like a full-time job for you. And you will have a better understanding of how w/c coverage works. Most injured worker frustrations come from a lack of understanding on what comp is . . . and isn't.

Ohio site for injured workers: http://www.ohiobwc.com/

Last edited by lefthanded; 07-15-2012 at 05:45 PM.
lefthanded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jbcodora (07-20-2012)