Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default did you lose your voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRo View Post
MJC1977. I would listen to what your doc suggests and always get a second opinion before surgery. Surgery should be the last thing you do, unless there is a chance for permanent nerve damage. I had my first surgery for a single level in 2000. I just had my last surgery on Monday. I now have 4 levels fused in my neck. I wish you the best, I say listen to your body, and trust your doc if you have a good one. If not, find one. Most people here will be glad to give you thier opinions. Do you have any more info. Such as MRI results or symptoms that your having? Has your doc already suggested surgery? Again, I wish you the best. Be patient, sometimes replies come slow here, but people will show up and share.

I keep putting off my surgery because my surgeon tells me that I could have vocal damage for good or become horse for good. I am afraid of that because I am a Minister of Music and a Music Ed major in college and my voice is my instrument. He said because this surgery would be my second one. I had this done bout 5 years ago.
namcamyo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote