View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HI

I have what I believe is TOS. I am so glad I found this web site, but scared from all the things I have read. I kinda figured open me up, stich me back together and I am good. It doesn't sound like surgery is the cure all though

A quick history. I have had a tightness on the left side of my neck for a few years, making it difficult to hold the phone ear/shoulder. Also couldn't crack neck to relieve pressure on the left side.
Didn't pay much attention to it, just compensated.

At Christmas time, I was putting a heavy tray of lasagna into the oven. When I stood back up and took a step, I got this sharp pain on my right side- sort of in the middle of my body but near the inner rib area. It felt like labor contractions and took my breath away. The pain would make me groan gutteral, like childbirth. Each step I took to get to the couch resulted in this very same pain. Once sitting, it continued with even a minor movement, for maybe about an hour.

Then it just stopped. It was gone. Weird, I thought. But over the next couple of days I started to get a pain near what I would have thought was my kidney- lower rib cage right side to the back, brother said- kidney stones, from the moment it happened. Pain seemed to confirm it. After a couple of days, with the pain getting more obvious, I went to the E.R.

They did a CT Scan, said no kidney stones, muscle sprain.
I didn't buy it, but whatever.

Next day, Hospital calls- saw mass on kidney- get to primary dr. -asap.

Go to primary dr., sets up mri and blood tests. Then proceeds to go out of country for a month leaving me wondering if I have cancer.

Finally get report back, kidney is normal. Does show degenerative bone something..

Dr. says I dont know where to send you. Gives referral to gastro, and urologist. I know neither is what I need.

Pain getting increasingly worse. Back pulling and burning when I walk. Goes from shoulder blade to shoulder blade across and down. Have to take constant sit downs to alleviate pain. Can't hold pocketbook or anything else with weight while walking.

Can't walk for more than a couple of minutes- Pain goes from zero to 10 quickly. Can't shop for groceries- impossible.

Can't stand to do household chores for more than 2-3 minutes. Cooking etc..all next to non existent.

Work at desk in office, so I am good for coming in and staying put.

I think left shoulder had started to give me pain before the incident- I remember thinking I strained it by trying to open a locked window at the office ( thinking it was unlocked )

Now, arms go numb when trying to sleep at night, or when holding phone to ear. Left side especially.

Can't get a good nights sleep. Teen daughter is assisting in day to day things- sometimes even need help unhooking the bra.

I am thinking something snapped that day over the oven, and has gotten progressively more painful.
Thoughts anyone?