View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jacquie,

I am glad my posting made you feel better, I had hoped you'd gotten a chance to see it before you left. Thanks for the compliments on my littla avatar, he's like my site's mascot, I just love him! He's a little mad scientist drinking a potion who turns into all kinds of things and I have made each one an avatar so I can alternate. I thought the Princess in Distress as I call it was cute too so I went with it for now because I have been feeling so stressed out about the sleep study I had done which came back to me today in the mail. I will post about it in my thread about the CPAP machine I got.

Things are looking up here, I am so sorry your daughter suffers chronic back pain, is she seeing a pain management doc yet? I am going to get an IUD since I have had a child I can get one, and then I won't worry about getting pregnant on meds. I really can't imagine having to get off of them so I totally empathize with where you're coming from. If you wanna PM me about something feel free to okay? We're all here for you and things will work out so stay strong.

I just added a page to Cyber-Soup today about Slepp Apnea otherwise known as Obstructed Sleep Apnea or OSA. I have learned a lot about it in a few short days of researching it online and I am so relieved I got my machine, if you suspect your daughter is stopping breathing during her sleeping cycles you should get her to talk to her dr and tell him you've seen her stop breathing and that she should be observed for a sleep study because let me tell you what, I wake up now, two days running in NO PAIN and I have chronic pain from a motorcycle accident in 87' the pain hits me later in the morning as I am sitting in my wheelchair but man those first few minutes are wonderful now! I am stunned by the dramatic difference getting a good night's sleep means for our bodies.

Does your daughter snore? I used to until I got a chin strap and this nasal mask where it delivers a constant pressure of air so that I do NOT stop breathing, I saw in the results on the study I was breathing at a level of 26% meaning I wasn't breathing almost 75% of the time which is frightening! I hope she doesn't snore but if she is having apnea getting it taken care of can really make a huge difference, at least it has for me and my mother.