View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
Catalina, if you can't find anything on the list on this forum, maybe you could try to google Pt's in your area who have experience with techniques that have helped others on the forum, like myofascial release, active release technique and call them to see if they have any experience that may help you. Also, if your surgery is in 2 weeks, and you have never done pt before, it probably isn't long enough to really know whether it helped or not. Maybe you can try it for 4 to 6 weeks (that's what surgeons I have spoken to have recommended) before going through with the surgery.

J, I think the bp block is diagnostic too but other surgeons have just said they don't use it because it is not specific enough, to really see the source. They think that injecting numbing meds in any area of the body doesn't necessarily indicate where exactly the pain may be coming from. That's why the scalene block was used more, because it is more specific. But many of the surgeons I spoke to just don't find it as useful anymore, because now they are saying it is also not specific enough, including Annest and Brantigan in Denver.
What do they suggest is the best test for Neurogenic TOS?

Last edited by Jomar; 07-18-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: per req.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote