View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good to have this information, Erika. But Dr. Swank did not go this far in his calculations, probably because his patients were not scientists or able to calculate these things, considering their usual debility from MS. It is valuable to know that skim milk is not as skim as we thought, but probably it would be skim enough for Swank. He's no longer with us, so I can't ask him. Most folks go looney contemplating cutting out as much fat as he recommended, let alone the austerity contemplated by the system you put forth. Most people will NOT do the Swank diet because it's what they think is very hard. I found it easy because I was almost already on it, due to long inability to really digest fat well--the only big change I made was to cut out those "cheat" days where I'd eat red meat twice in a row, usually because I was traveling or was in a location where I had to eat in restaurant, and the red meat was less threatening, fat-wise, than the cream sauce on the main offerings. (I have eaten in restaurants such as Appleby's where one could not find anything on the menu which was low fat or low salt, and my husband and I both got blood pressures over 200 that night because we just went ahead and ate what was there, because travel had made us tired and ravenous).
If anyone can do this system of calories, that's great. Me, can't. Too worn out and my eyes are dim. Hope your eyes are not dim. I'm getting new glasses, hope that helps.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote