View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Workers Comp the awful truth

First I am not a lawyer and you should call one yesterday!!!!! There are time limits for filing. Most every state in the union REQUIRES employers to provide a safe work place. Second I would be willing to bet you are not the first to get hurt this way!! If a company has had accidents similar to this and has not done anything to protect their employees it is grounds for negligence. This can have a large impact on how much compensation you may get. Third your employer can not fire you for protecting yourself with a lawyer!!! Fourth the company you worked for has insurance for this and they are working VERY HARD to pay you as little as possible. In todays economy it is considered GOOD BUSINESS. Don't confuse workers comp. with tort law. Workers comp is required by any one hurt at work for any company that pays into it. Tort law has two edges. Yes people take advantage of it, that is human nature. Tort law is the only weapon of defense left to an employee, most are underpaid, that are trying to recoup losses. Think pay, pain, suffering... all those things you can not do and will never get a chance to do. How else can you manage to provide for your family after your injury. Call a lawyer now and dont look for a quick payout...HUGE mistake. The lawyer I am working with took my case on contingency. I am in the same boat as you so to speak. Lastly ask yourself do you really want to continue working for this company. Next time, and unless they change there will be a next time, will you or whoever be lucky enough to walk away? Get a lawyer, you desperatly need one to be fighting for you. They can really help. If you are unsure go to the local library if it has internet access and look some up. Don't be impressed by flash and glitz. Look for some one who has done workers comp. for some time and really talks to you.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
happiedasiy (09-13-2012), jbcodora (07-20-2012)