View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks so much, Mark!

Dear Mark in Idaho,

This is EXACTLY what I needed. No surprise coming from you w/ your comforting quote at the end. I also was most interested in your vitamin recommendation & will try that, too. I have not had alcohol since Katrina hit NOLA & quit caffeine @ 4 yrs ago. My downfall is sugar, but NO longer after last night!

I read your profile & am so sorry you have had unbelievable amount of concussions & your head certainly seems to be cognitively functioning much better than most .

Again, many thanks for your comforting advice. I am still dizzy if I move my head to either side, but hoping that will pass.

Also, do you know why when I responded w/ what I thought was some helpful info to several members' posts w/ a website for meditations that UCLA (I am not affiliated w/ them at all) offers for free meditations, that it seems the site's address was censored? I was just trying to pass on something the members could readily use that is free & helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Champ,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. You have found the right place.

I doubt you have a brain bleed like Natasha Richardson. You would be dead already. You are doing the right thing. Quiet rest is the best treatment. The Advil is OK.

Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Eat healthy. You are so early that you may get better without much special care. If you continue to struggle after a week or two, let us know what is going on.

If you continue to vomit and get an extreme head ache or have any change in motor skills, especially if one side works different than the other, get to the ER. Do not drive yourself. Call 911 if needed.

My best to you.
champ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote