View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question New to the site... Have some questions, anyone able to help? :)

Hi guys, so, I am new to this site, and still fairly new to being epileptic, I was diagnosed on Christmas Eve 2011 after having a seizure at a party October 30, 2011. It has been 8 months for me being epileptic and I don't feel like I have learned any helpful information. My most taunting question I have is why I have epilepsy and what kind I have, my doctor and my neurologist tell me that I will never be able to figure it out, but I see that many people have found out at least what kind they have. Is there any specific ways to go about finding that out? Another question is, I have heard that alcohol can contribute to seizures, but is it possible that it can make a person epileptic. The reason I ask that, is because I was drinking earlier, before I had the seizure.
Almost two weeks ago now, my neurologist informed me that the reason for my EEG that was a week ago today, was to see if I still have any abnormal activity showing. If I don't then my doctors would then decrease my medication slowly until I am no longer on the medication, then redo the EEG and see if the same is true again. I guess what I am asking is, how is it possible for someone to only be epileptic for 8 months, what could have possibly triggered it? I did nothing out of the ordinary, nothing changed in my life until that night. That is the most mind boggling thing to me.

Thank you to all that can help!
Kaitlyn
kaitlynh2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote