View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Diego24

Diego24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
We have what looks like a very promising disease modifying treatment that as a natural substance appears to be more important than dopamine loss and this was published two years ago.
I am pretty sure disease modifying meds arrived:

https://www.michaeljfox.org/research...derisking.html

These are 4 companies working on targeting alpha-synuclien. Most of them just try to reduce a-synuclein in the brain. One of them is capable of unfolding the toxic aggregates to their normal state (and test on mice showed they actually got better --> 41 % improvement in motor skills in 6 months). The disease modifying meds are here, but they just need to be tested on safety. I almost dare to put my arm in the fire for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Is anyone else wondering why we do not know about this and feeling slightly punked? No one in the industry saw this as news worthy?
I had the same feeling when I first found out about this. The same for Alzheimer. This TauRx Pharmaceuticals achieved 80 % reduction in disease progression in a quite important clinical phase II. But they never speak about this. Then some researcher finds that K2 improved PD in fruit flies and suddenly this is the BIG news.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote