View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yep, the headaches are the worst symptom for me. If it weren't for the headaches I doubt I would have the depression and general lack of productivity that I have.

My headaches have been becoming less frequent less painful as I have been increasing my Amitriptyline dose. Ask your neurologist about Amitriptyline(Elavil) if you haven't tried it yet. Really helps you sleep as an added bonus. I'm up to 50mg a day. 25 in the morning and 25 at night. I tried taking all 50 at night but a side effect of it is dry mouth which gets worse as the dose increases so I kept waking up every couple of hours for water.

On 50mg I can have headache free days as long as I can avoid stimulation such as prolonged computer use(which is difficult at work Monday thru Friday), television, and reading for too long.

Fiorcet seems to work pretty well as an abortive treatment for when those headaches begin. Alternating with Advil every other day to avoid rebound headaches.

__________________________________________________ __________
PCS from mTBI. Approaching the 12 month mark. Headaches, anxiety, depression, inability to control anger. Possibly improving but can't really tell from increasing medication constantly.
TooStressed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote