View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I can't tell you how many times doctors have told me to take Advil after a head injury. I have also been on aspirin therapy for decades. No cautions about this after a concussion.

I am well aware of the bleeding issue with Advil or aspirin. My knuckles bleed like a stuck pig when I injured them in a knuckle-buster.

It is common to get cautions about using aspirin, Advil, etc. for children.

There is a question that I have never found the answer to. Blood thinners are often recommended to enhance blood flow through the brain. Does this better flow lower intracranial blood pressure lessening the risk of a bleed? This is one of the conundrums of aspirin and Advil, etc.

But, if Dr Stiner says No, No means No.

Either way, it is important to be aware of changes in symptoms. Bleeds rarely show up immediately after the impact. MRI's or CT's will show bleeds best at about 72 hours. If severe head aches or motor dysfunction are present, get to the ER. If any strange symptoms manifest, at least a call to the doctor or advice nurse is called for. Many health plans and even hospitals have free medical advice services.

The UCLA Mindfulness Meditation programs are based on the Buddhist pursuit of 'enlightenment.' It is one of the latter steps in this process. Christians may want to be aware of this.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote