Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for welcoming me through my introduction message April. I only have one teenager at home still--the other two have grown and left the nest. I've been a single mom before, though, and admire you for being able to raise three boys and deal with MS.

It sounds like we went to our doctor for similar symptoms, only you got an answer very quickly. I'm still waiting. They thought I had MS too, but no lesions so no MS dx. It's good news in a way, since as long as they don't know what it is, perhaps it can be cured.

How are your boys handling the dx? My daughter avoids me when my symptoms are really bad but is very helpful a lot of the time too. We joke about my penguin walk, and one of her friends said penguins are cool, and joined me in my waddling. Gotta love kids! I know it has to be tough on my daughter. The vision problems have caused me to stop driving, so I can't get her around to places like I used to. Plus I've had to quit work, so the budget is a little tighter. Fortunately, I'm married, so my hubby still has a job and can take her places on weekends. We live in the country so nothing is within walking distance, and there are no buses.

Hope you find comfort and advice here on the list as you deal with this new dx.

Cheryl
dancingpoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote