View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Can you really take a person that has absolutely no abnormal tests and judge their condition based on an ice bag on their eyeball making things better? And if you can, wouldn't it be more economical to start there and then call it a diagnosis?
I think that it was Sherlock Holmes that said that once you have ruled out all other possibilities the one that remains as unlikely as it seems is what it is.

Obviously no one really uses the "modified Alice criteria for normal tests-seronegative MG", but sometimes it becomes quite ridiculous that they don't.

Also, medicine is a clinical profession. This means that you diagnose an illness first and foremost based on the clinical picture. Diagnostic tests can only support a sound clinical diagnosis.

Quote:
I hope that I am just crazy because I suspect that is easier to treat.
Yes, I went through that phase too...
I thought that probably I am just overworked, a bit more stressed than I think...

Our illness unfortunately, does not depend on what we want it to be. It is what it is and burying our head in the sand just because no one is ready to commit himself to give a diagnosis is (from my personal experience) not a very good strategy.

Any how good luck with finding what your illness is, and more important finding what can make it better.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
southblues (07-17-2012)