View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 03:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing42 View Post
How horrible. I went through the same thing...from runner and backpacker, to decrepit. Those early years were horrible. Fear of what the future held and being adrift with no direction or hope was as bad as the pain.

There is nothing in your profile about where you live. If you put it in as part of your profile there might be a good doctor or pain program in your area that somebody here can tell you about.

There are other things that can help you cope and help you heal. I've harped on the Rebuilder for years, and don't want to be like a broken record, but it's worth a try. After less than a month of my use of it, the sharp edge was off the metatarsal pain, though I still couldn't really walk. At least I was sleeping most of the night. These electric units cause the release of endorphins which quiet the nerves and promote healing.

Just know that we care about you, and will do all we can through this weird cyberworld to support you and to promote your recovery. Please be patient. You're wounded from the surgery and it takes time to heal. You've hit bottom now, but things will get better.
If I'm not mistaken...didn't you also have neuroma surgery? I'm thinking, that you chunk out a piece of nerve in both feet...and my right foot became infected..so they opened it up again, and packed it and put my on IV meds for three days. Taking that packing out was the worst pain I have experienced in my life....but it healed and the scar tissue has left my second and third toes spread far apart. Residual nerve damage? Peter paying Paul?
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote