View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebower View Post

And the truth is this summer is so hot and so wickedly exhausting that it really makes me scared. I'm hanging on to the hope that the hot weather is just making it harder and it will get better when it's cooler, like before. My PCS has been "relapsed", I guess you could say, since the end of May.

Also it seems like my body has the worst time controlling my temp. Even in air conditioning I feel like a greenhouse and I'm getting hot flashes, but in the water for barely 10 minutes I start to get chills and goosebumps when everyone else is fine. Get out of the water and I'm close to heat exhaustion within an hour again. Does anyone else get this?

I totally understand what you are going through! I am 7 months post concussion and am going through the same regulatory issues, and it's so hard trying to make other people understand, that NO I cannot sit outside in the heat even though I am doing nothing because I will get SICK.

*sigh* totally there with you on the hot flashes too. I was sitting in a very air conditioned break room the other day, and got so hot that I stood in front of the freezer with the door open. But 10 minutes later I had a sweater on, and couldn't warm up!

I wish I could control it! At least I have a hormone explanation provided by Mark, which will help a bit for doubters that I deal with.

I am sorry you are having to put on a show that you are getting better when you may not be as better as you want to be...(or that your boyfriend wants you to be). I tend to do that for my kids, I don't want them to think their formally active mom is a big wuss, but I am slowly learning that overdoing it is more detrimental than being honest about my true state for the day.

I am glad you are reaching out again; it helps to know you are not alone. (helped me too with the temp thing! This heat/humidity is AWFUL!!)
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

Last edited by Dolfinwolf; 07-17-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spacing
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rosebower (07-17-2012)