View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 05:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrical Withdrawal and Recovery Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitlyricalive View Post
So it'll be six weeks in a couple days since I stopped Lyrica and over two months since I stopped Tramadol. Still do not really sleep, have mild anxiety, depression and trouble making plans for the future, socially awkward, etc. Issues that were never part of my existence until I meddled with Lyrica and Tramadol. My overall sense of well being seems to fluctuate somewhat. I am feeling much better than I did at 11 days however. I do not take any other medication, not even Ibuprofen. And if you have quit Lyrica and have not experienced withdrawal, I am almost certain you are on other drugs, SSRIs etc.

I exercise everyday, walk 3-5 miles and run at least 3/4mile, get the kidneys running etc. I do not drink, I eat extremely healthy, lots of veggies and fruit. I also quit smoking after 17years; it's been 3.5 weeks. I decided that I was going to get all that I could out of this struggle (lyrica withdrawal) that could last 4-7months, and make becoming a health individual my full-time job.

Pain is present and I will probably have my second back surgery in August--removing two ruptures, both on L5 S1 causing sciatica pain on both left and right sides. How do I run? well, it took a long time to get to that point, lots of walking, etc. I do not run on concrete. My surgeon said running was ok, I swim three times a week too, and do all I can to strengthen my core. Running just seems to shift things around in my back in a good way, it gets my heart and lungs working and releases endorphins that make me feel really great. I think all the work I do now will help prepare me for surgery in and make it easier to pick back up the routine post op, instead of trying to begin one.

Healing is a very slow process and meditation has helped me as well. I'm only 30 years old, too young for strong the meds I was prescribed and still optimistic enough that I can have another 30 years without pain and full of positive experiences and happiness, as long as I find the strength to take care now and make the necessary life adjustments. Looking forward to the possibility that I will sleep well again in a few more months, but also currently into the present moment and living mindfully right now, something that is impossible to do using these drugs.

Stay clean, keep your feet on the ground and head in this reality, bear it and find another way, to resolve your pain issues. These drugs are bad and will make you unhappy in the long run. All my love to all of you considering cessation, or going through the withdrawal process right now. I do not believe in drugs, even prescribed by doc pharmys. Stay sober folks, drugs are drugs no matter the context.
HELLO EVERYONE!:

I just want to make an update since I'm 99% certain this is the place to come for accurate information on the side effects of discontinuing Lyrica. Please refer back to my prior posts to get a clearer picture of my recovery time, how long I used Lyrica, dosage, tapper period, other drugs I used, why, etc. This is day 74 of no Lyrica, that is, a few days shy of two and a half months. I do not take any other drugs. It's hard to believe I'm speaking from this position, having escaped this far. I remember how long the hours were and how I just wanted the days to rack up, welcome to the summer of 2012.

I'm am chiming in here to tell you all that I am pretty sure that the past few days I have felt more like myself. I still toss and turn at night for a while, and my sleep pattern is really messed up, but there are times when my body actually shuts off I think, this is just in the last couple days. I am also feeling more positive, my memory is improving, I can remember words, I have ideas, articulate stories--I am not as tongue-tied, I am more relaxed. It is very difficult to quantify the Lyrica recovery period because it happens so slowly and sometimes you think it might be getting better and it does not, it's up and down.

Through this period I have suffered from many things I don't normally deal with like: social anxiety, insomnia, depression, etc, lack of feeling. For the past months, all I have been in-touch with is how bad I feel, I have been very self-centered in a way, because how I feel has been as the forefront of my existence, it's terrible.

Lately this is changing a bit and I am able to have feelings beyond how I feel physically and emotionally. I exercise, do not drink, smoke, etc. This Lyrica deal has been the most challenging thing I have every gone through, I hope that it has humbled me and made me a better person.

I am not fully recovered by any means. I have heard from others who are not taking other drugs in place of Lyrica, or drugs that work in similar ways, that recovery time can take 4months. During the past months I have done lots of work on myself, like running, eating healthy, quitting smoking, and it felt like I was getting nowhere for so long, that it wasn't making a difference. I just kept saying to myself that when this passes and my body and mind recover, when the chemistry in my brain resumes normally, I will be able to access all of the strength and integrity that I am currently building but cannot feel.

My love is with all of you who have stopped Lyrica, stay strong, be a steward of your own body. Go easy on yourself as you go through the depressions and anxiety, remember that it is not reality, it is that you have been poisoned, and as illogical as it may seem, this one takes a long time to get over.

My appetite came back after a few weeks, but I was depressed so it was hard eat, but I just did it. I created a rhythm for myself and stuck with it, it became all I had really, I trusted in it, it was kind of amazing, maybe even spiritual as I was so empty, felt so abject, hopeless, and helpless. Listening to music was really helpful and gallons of water each day, and enough can't be said about walking, that's what I did, it became the option, I must have walked hundreds of miles during the past two months.

It will go up and down and you'll think the damage is permanent, but peace comes. Peace comes and this will ultimately unravel.

You may always PM me (if that is possible) if you want more information about my experience or need support with your own.

I'm feeling some happiness folks, regular, old-fashioned, simple, run of the mill feelings of happiness and well being I never thought I would feel again.

Thank you and take good care, I will update again.
quitlyricalive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
accipiter0600 (12-14-2013), akdew13 (03-22-2014), Cynthus (03-14-2016), Diandra (10-30-2013), EyesWideOpen (08-04-2012), HappyGoLucky (07-19-2012), Healthytania (04-12-2015), Hockey (05-26-2014), MH Advocate (04-24-2013), packmommy (10-09-2013), ShaggyChic_1201 (12-18-2014), tracer747 (07-15-2016)