Thread: Recovery Time
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recovery Time

Hello everyone,

As everyone knows, there is no set date to recover. I had a very upsetting neurologist appointment today. I was basically told I should try to find ways to deal with my symptoms as they won't be going away. I've heard people before say there's no set time. I'm hoping some of you have promising stories for me of progress even after several months.

A bit of background. I sustained a concussion playing ringette on October 29, 2011. Ever since I've been having headaches and neck pain mostly, as well as a few occasional ones (dizziness, nausea,etc.) and cognitive issues. The scale they use there rates 21 symptoms from 0-6 totalling out of 132. 6 weeks into my concussion, I went to the neurologist with 19/ 21 symptoms and 97/132. Since April 2012 to around now, it has roughly stayed the same at 47/132. Not that I'm not glad that it's more bearable now, but it's still painful.

Anyone plateau like me and then continue to improve after 9 months? I could really use some encouraging stories right now!
kayley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote