View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Early intervention

Google cuncussion if you have not already. Follow the link to both CDC and NIH. Read About cuncussion and TBI. Some of the information is frightening but would you rather not know. Dr. David Hovda did some major work with regard to brain injury. Google him also. You are in all likely hood suffering more symptoms than you realize. Dr. Hovda is quite likely the leading researcher in the United States if not the world. I dont know if it is online but in the publication brain injury vol 9 issue 1 describes in medical speak what has been found out and what is still unsure. Most relevant is a multidisciplinary approach to your healthcare. GP, Nuerologist, physical, speech, occupational therapist and a psychologist. The term now being discussed is POST CUNCUSSION DISORDER. Syndrom apparently indicates a single source for these symptoms. Where a disorder may have multiple sources and require the multidisciplinary approach. Explains why symptoms can go on and on. Kind of like trying to kill the seven headed hydra by cutting one head off. Neck injuries are common in PCS/D. Each participating medical provider address's different issues at the same time. Stable resolution can reached in months. My experience, what little I have is that most GPs don't have a clue, many neurlologist don't either. My injury was at work so at least I am covered but I have to deal with WC insurance group. They want to manage the medical care. I.E. as cheap as possible.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote