View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenren View Post
I am 36 years old and newly diagnosed with PD. I am completely overwhelmed with the diagnosis but also with all the information out there. Is there a good place to start?
I think I am in the denial phase because, well why and how? So, I think that is keeping me from digesting the information that I am finding...if that makes any sense.
I've already started meds which have helped so much. But I am having sleep issues. I don't know if they are coming from the stress, the meds or just the PD. I have 3 school age children that need their mom and I need a nap
Any advice is very much appreciated.
First of all I am so sorry to hear from a new member to our club. Be careful of what you read and how much credibility you give it. This forum has been an immeasurable help to myself and others. There are so many suggestions, advice and whatnot from many sources. Take what you can. There are many questions as well. .who diagnosed you? Do you have health coverage? Are you working? what is your support network of friends and family? Try to exercise and maintain what you have. If you are having a rough day it's okay to take a time out (don't overstress yourself) You will learn a lot about yourself over time, there is a lot happening in the realm of PD, just hang in there! Prayers going out to you and yours.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote